Page updated on November 2023
Journal Editorial Board
Journal of Power Sources, Elsevier. International Editorial Board. (From 2023). IF: 9.2 (2022)
Journal of Energy Chemistry, Elsevier. Youth Editorial Board (Term 2023-2024). IF: 13.1 (2022)
Materials for Renewable and Sustainable Energy. Springer. Advisory Editorial Board. (From 2022). IF: 4.5 (2022)
Molecules, MDPI (From 2019). Section Green Chemistry. IF: 4.6 (2022)
Catalysts, MDPI (From 2018). Section Electrocatalysis. IF: 3.9 (2022)
Chemosensors, MDPI (2020-2022). Section Electrochemical Devices and Sensors. IF: 4.229 (2021)
14. Guest Editor for the Special Issue related to Symposium 6th of the 74th Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry for Electrochimica Acta (Elsevier, IF 2022: 6.6). June 2024 (IN PROGRESS)
13. Guest Editor for the Special Issue to Fuel Cells, Electrolyzers and other hydrogen related technologies on Industrial Chemistry & Materials (Royal Society of Chemistry). Title Special Issue: “Frontiers of Hydrogen Energy and Fuel Cells”. Expected August 2023 (IN PROGRESS)
12. Guest Editor for the Special Issue related to Symposium 15th of the 73rd Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry for Electrochimica Acta (Elsevier, IF 2022: 6.6). June 2023. https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/electrochimica-acta/special-issue/107T699C6FH
11. Guest Editor of a Special Issue related to Fuel Cells and Electrolyzers on Journal of Power Sources (Elsevier, IF 2021: 9.794). Title Special Issue: “Low temperature fuel cells and electrolysers”. February 2023. https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/journal-of-power-sources/special-issue/10FM7631C07
10. Guest Editor of a Special Issue on electrochemistry to celebrate Prof. Plamen Atanassov turning 60 on ChemElectroChem (Wiley, IF 2021: 4.782). https://chemistry-europe.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/toc/10.1002/(ISSN)2196-0216.plamen-atanassov
9. Guest Editor of a Special Issue related to Decarbonization on iScience (Cell Press, IF 2021: 6.107). Title Special Issue: “Difficult to Decarbonize Energy Sectors: Challenges and Opportunities for Electrochemistry, Engineering, and Policy”. April 2023. https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/iscience/special-issue/10XC8GMFTJ9
8. Guest Editor of a Special Issue related with electrochemical energy storage and conversion on Electrochimica Acta (Elsevier, IF 2022: 6.6). Title Special Issue: “And Yet Electrochemical Energy Storage and Conversion Moves in 2021” (EESC 2021). November 2022. https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/electrochimica-acta/special-issue/103K2HF9107
7. Guest Editor of a Special Issue related with electrocatalysts for electrochemical energy devices on Catalysts (MDPI: IF 2021: 4.501). Title Special Issue: “10th Anniversary of Catalysts: Achievements in Electrocatalysis for Sustainable Energy Technologies”. December 2021. https://www.mdpi.com/journal/catalysts/special_issues/10th_anniversary_electrocatalysis
6. Guest Editor of a Special Issue related with bioprocesses for energy and environment on Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering (Elsevier: IF 2021: 7.968). Title Special Issue: “Recent Advances in Bioprocess for Sustainable Environment and Energy”. September 2021. https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/journal-of-environmental-chemical-engineering/special-issue/10T7SDR5V14
5. Guest Editor of a Special Issue related with microbial electrochemical technology on Chemosensors (MDPI: IF 2021: 4.229). Title: “Recent Advancements in Microbial Electrochemical Technologies”. https://www.mdpi.com/journal/chemosensors/special_issues/AMET. August 2021
4. Associate Editor for Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Nanotechnology related to the IEEE Nano 2020 (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) (2020)
3. Editorial for ChemElectroChem (Wiley, IF 2019: 4.154) with a Special Collection on Bioelectrochemistry to Prof. Gorton on the occasion of his 70th birthday. EDITORIAL. P. Bollella, C. Santoro, P. Cristiani, P. Atanassov. “Bioelectrochemistry: An Electrifying Experience Over 70 Years”. ChemElectroChem 2019, 6(21), 5356-5357. DOI: 10.1002/celc.201900945
2. Guest Editor of a Special Issue related with Microbial Electrochemical Technology on Bioresource Technology Reports (Elsevier, Cite Score 2022: 7.8). Title Special Issue: “Microbial Electrochemical Technology”. EDITORIAL. S. Patil, A. Schievano, C. Santoro, D. Pant. Preface - Microbial electrochemical technologies. Bioresource Technology Reports 2019, 8, 100336 DOI:10.1016/j.biteb.2019.100336. https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/bioresource-technology-reports/special-issue/10LQMD9G0H8
1. Lead Guest Editor of a Special Issue related with Microbial Fuel Cell and Bioelectrochemical Systems on Journal of Power Sources (Elsevier, IF 2017: 6.945). Title Special Issue: “Microbial Fuel Cell: From Fundamentals to Applications”. EDITORIAL. C. Santoro, C. Arbizzani, B. Erable, I. Ieropoulos. Special Issue: “Microbial fuel cell: From Fundamentals to Applications”: Guest Editors note. Journal of Power Sources 2017, 356, 223-224. DOI: 10.1016/j.jpowsour.2017.04.071
Journal Reviewer (148 journals)
ACS Publications (8): ACS Applied Electronic Materials, ACS Applied Energy Materials, ACS Environmental Au, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, Environmental Science and Technology Letters, Environmental Science and Technology, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, Journal of the American Chemical Society.
AIP (1): Applied Physics Review
ASME Journal Program (1): Journal of Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Storage.
Cell (1): Cell Reports Physical Chemistry
Elsevier (59): Agricultural Water Management, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, Applied Energy, Applied Surface Science, Biochemical Engineering Journal, Bioelectrochemistry, Bioenergy Biomass, Biofilm, Bioresource Technology, Bioresource Technology Reports, Biosensors Bioelectronics, Biosensors Bioelectronics: X, Biotechnology Advances, Catalysis Communication, Chemical Engineering Journal, Chemical Engineering Journal X, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, Chemical Engineering Science, Chemosphere, Coordination Chemistry Review, Electrochemistry Communication, Electrochimica Acta, Energy Strategies Reviews, Environmental Research, Environmental Technology and Innovation, Enzyme and Microbial Technology, Energy, Fuel, Helyion, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, International Journal of Sediment Research, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Journal of Cleaner Production, Journal of CO2 Utilization, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Journal of Energy Chemistry, Journal of Energy Storage, Journal of Environmental Sciences, Journal of Hazardous Materials, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, Journal of Power Sources, Journal of Water Process Engineering, Materials & Design, Material Science and Engineering B, Material Science of Energy Technologies, Materials Today Energy, Microchemical Journal, Nano Energy, Polymer, Process Biochemistry, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Renewable Energy, Resource, Conservation and Recycling, Science of the Total Environment, Sensor and Actuators A: Physical, Separation and Purification Technology, Surface and Coatings Technology, Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, Trends in Biotechnology.
Frontiers (2): Frontiers in Energy Research, Frontiers in Robotics and AI
IOP Science (3): iScience, Journal of Physics: Energy, Nanotechnology
IWA Publishing Group (1): Water Science and Technology
MDPI (18): Applied Microbiology, Applied Sciences, Biosensors, BioTech, Catalysts, Chemosensors, Coatings, Electrochem, Energies, Materials, Micromachines, Microorganisms, Minerals, Molecules, Oxygen, Processes, Sensors, Water.
Nature Publishing Group (NPG) (3): Nature Communication, Nature Reviews Microbiology, Scientific Reports.
OMICS Group (1): Journal of Microbial & Biochemical Technology.
Oxford Academic (2): FEMS Microbiology Letters, FEMS Microbiology Reviews
Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) (8): Chemical Science, Chemistry Communication, Dalton Transaction, Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, Nanoscale, RSC Advances, Sustainable Energy & Fuels.
Springer (15): Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery, Biotechnology for Biofuel, Biotechnology Letters, Environmental Chemistry Letters, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Environmental Processes, Ionics, Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, Journal of Materials Science, Materials for Renewable and Sustainable Energy, Microbial Cell Factories, Nano-Micro Letters, SN Applied Sciences, Waste and Biomass Valorization.
Taylor & Francis Online (4): Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, Environmental Technology, European Journal of Materials, International Journal of Green Energy, Smart Science.
Wiley (20): Advanced Electronic Materials, Advanced Energy Materials, Advanced Energy and Sustainability Research, Advanced Functional Materials, Advanced Materials, Advanced Sustainable Systems, Biofuels, Bioproducts & Biorefining, ChemistrySelect, ChemCatChem, ChemSusChem, Electrochemical Science Advances, Fuel Cells, International Journal of Energy Research, Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, Macromolecolar Bioscience, Small, SusMat, The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, The Chemical Record, Water and Environmental Journal.